Flashcards in Ch. 33: Pual Weak Deck (5)
What are the weak verbs in the Pual that significantly change the diagnostics?
33.2 What are the changes that are seen in the III-Aleph weak verbs?
1. Perfect: Qamets in 3ms and Tsere and VS in the remainder (מֻצָּא) (מֻצְּאָה) (מֻצֵּ֫אתָ)
2. Imperfect: Qamets instead of Pathach; 3/2fp Seghol stem vowel (יְמֻצָּא) (תְּמֻצֶּאנָה)
33.3 What are the changes that are seen in the III-Hey weak verbs?
1. All the changes are expected; the 1 & 2 person has a Tsere Yod connecting vowel in the perfect (גֻּלֵּ֫יתָ)
(גֻּלָּה) (יְֻלֶּה) (מְגֻלֶּה)
33.5 What are the changes that are seen in the II-Gutt weak verbs with virtual doubling?
1. Reject Dagesh; no lengthening
2. The forms in R2 that take a Shewa will take a Hateph Pathach instead (נֻחֲמָה)
(נֻחַם) (יְנֻחַם) (מְנֻחָם)