Flashcards in Ch. 27: Hiphil Weak Verbs Deck (14)
What are the Hiphil Weak verbs that go through changes?
27.2 What are the changes to the I-Gutt Hiphil Weak verbs?
1. Perfect has Seghol, Hateph Seghol vowel pattern (like the Niphil [הֶעֱמִיד])
2. The remainder have a Hateph Pathach under the R1 position (since they cannot take a SS [יַעֲמִיד])
27.4 What are the changes to the III-ח/ע Hiphil Weak verbs?
1. There is a furitive Pathach in all forms that lack a sufformative
2. The Imperfect 3/2fp has a Pathach stem vowel instead of Tsere (because gutturals prefer a-class vowels)
3. Because of (2) the Imperative has a Pathach 2ms/2fp and Hireq Yod 2fs/2mp pattern
4. Like the Qal the Participle fs alt. form has a Pathach Segholate pattern
27.6 What are the changes to the III-א Hiphil Weak verbs?
1. Perfect: all 1 & 2 person have Tsere stem vowel (you get the other quiescent changes typical for the 3-Aleph [הִמְצֵ֫אתָ])
2. Imperfect: 3/2fp have Seghol stem vowel (תַּמְצֶ֫אנָה)
3. Imperative 2fp has Seghol stem vowel (הַמְצֶ֫אנָה)
4. Participle fs alt form has the irregular 3-Aleph Segholate form (מַמְצֵאת)
27.8 What are the changes to the III-ה Hiphil Weak verbs?
1. Perfect: follows the pattern of Niphil; for 1 & 2 the Hireq Yod might also be a Tsere Yod (הִגְלֵ֫יה)
2. Imperfect: follows pattern of Niphil; there are no diagnostic stem vowels (יַגְלֶה)
27.9 What is the III-ה Hiphil Participle ms?
27.9 What is the III-ה Hiphil Imperative 2ms? And is this form the same as any others?
Yes, the Infinitive Absolute
27.11 What are the changes to the Iנ־ Hiphil Weak verbs?
1. Unlike the Niphil, every form of the R1 Nun has assimilated into R2 (הִצִּיל)
2. The original R1 with the SS is gone in every form; all forms have the standard vowel letters
27.13 What are the changes to the Iי־ Hiphil Weak verbs?
1. In every form the R1 Yod will become a Holem Waw;
2. The vowel in the preformative and R1 SS will drop off
27.15 What are the general changes to the Bicon Hiphil Weak verbs?
1. Every medial letter will be hireq yod (הֵקִים)
2. Other than Perfect and Participle, all other preformative vowels are Qamets (יָקִים)
27.15 What are the specific changes to the Bicon Hiphil Perfect Weak verbs?
1. 3rd Person: Tsere preformative vowel (הֵקִים)
2. 1 & 2nd Person: Hateph Pathach preformative; holem waw connective vowel (like Qal Perf Gem [הֲקִימ֫וֹתָ])
27.15 What are the specific changes to the Bicon Hiphil Participle Weak verbs?
1. ms has a tsere preformative
2. every other preformative is a VS
27.15 What are the specific changes to the Bicon Hiphil Imperative and Infinitive Absolute Weak verb?
1. The vowel pattern follows that of the strong
2. Tsere on R1 for 2ms/2fp (הָקֵם)
3. Hireq Yod on R1 for 2fs/2mp (הָקִ֫ימִי)
4. Inf. Absol. is identical to Imperative 2ms