Flashcards in Ch. 17: Waw Consecutive (morphology) Deck (7)
17.2 How the imperfect waw consecutive formed?
• Preformative וַיִּקְטֹל (Waw, Pathach, Forte)
• Preformative וָ (Waw, Qamets) if the following letter rejects the Dagesh Forte
What happens when the Waw consecutive is added onto I-י I-א and הָלַךְ?
1. The stem vowel changes to Seghol
17.3 What happens to III-ה verbs in the imperfect
when add a waw consecutive in those forms without a sufformative?
lose the Seghol Hey
(יִגְלֶה) > (וַיִּ֫גֶל)
17.3 What happens to biconsonantal verbs in the imperfect when add a waw consecutive in those forms without a sufformative?
The medial vowel letter is lost (the vowel letter changes to Qamets Hatuf or Seghol
(יָקוּם) > (וַיָּ֫קָם)
17.5 How is the perfect waw consecutive formed?
Exactly the same as the perfect with the conjunction וְ
What are the rules governing the Waw consecutive for the Perfect?
1. Same as that for the conjunction
2. For instance 2mp and 2fp with have the Waw Consecutive prefixed as a Shureq