Flashcards in Ch. 11: Numbers Deck (35)
What are the two spelling options for the number one (ms and fs)?
What about ordinal numbers greater than tenth?
Cardinal numbers are used
How is twenty thousand formed?
The dual form of ten thousand
How do the other numerical sequences proceed?
In a same pattern of three hundred, three thousand, and thirty thousand
If a number takes a pronominal suffix, what form of the word does it occur?
How is 30-90 formed?
By the masculine plural forms of 3-9
Can plural numbers appear with singular nouns? And if so how do you translate it?
2. translate as a plural noun
How is the number one used in the construct state?
1. It will precede an absolute noun that is usually plural
How are numbers 11-19 formed?
with a combination of ten and one-nine
How is two thousand formed?
The dual form of one thousand
How are the ordinal numbers 2-10 formed?
From a common root from their corresponding cardinal number (the first ordinal is derived from head, top, chief)
What are the two different types of numbers in Hebrew?
1. Cardinal: for counting (1, 2, 3, etc.)
2. Ordinal: indicate position (first, second, third, etc.)
What distinguishes the masculine and feminine ordinal numbers for 2-10?
1. the masculine end in Hireq Yod
2. The feminine end in a Hireq Yod Taw
How are ordinal numbers classified?
As adjectives (when attributive they follow the noun they modify and usually agree in gender and definiteness)
How is two hundred formed?
The dual form of one hundred
What are the different forms that an ordinal number can take?
masculine or feminine
How are the numbers 2-10 classified? But what is unique about this classification as it relates to these numbers?
1. as nouns
2. They do not agree in gender with the other nouns to which they are related (masculine numbers can be used with feminine nouns and feminine numbers can be used with masculine nouns)
3. While the numbers are singular in form the nouns are plural