Flashcards in Catholic family life Deck (3)
Give three reasons why family life is important to Catholics.
1) It is taught in the Bible and CCC
2) Catholic marriage refers to bringing up a family as one of the key purposes
3) Family was created by God
Describe four ways in which catholic parishes help with the upbringing of children.
1) SUPPORTING THE LOCAL CATHOLIC SCHOOLS- teaching children right from wrong and helps fulfil parents marital promises
2) RUNNING SACRAMENT CLASSES - holy communion and confirmation, helping parents with the catholic upbringing of their children
3) RUNNING CHILDREN'S LITURGIES - to allow parents time alone with God in mass
4) RUNNING YOUTH CLUBS - children are kept off the streets