What are the components of a circulatory system?
The Components of a Circulatory System
- That transport the blood throughout the body
What is an open circulatory system?
Open Circulatory System
- Lacks a continous circuit of vessels
- The heart pumps blood through short vessels that empty into open areas in th body where materials are exchanged with surrounding cells
- A second set of vessels pick up and return the blood
What is a closed circulatory system?
Closed Circulatory System
- Closed circulatory systems have a continous vessel system through the organism
- Nutrients are exchanged with the tissue across the vessel walls
What is the general structure of the heart?
General Heart Structure
- The heart has four chambers
- The chambers separates the oxygenated and non-oxygenated blood
- The two ventricles of the four-chamber heart pumps blood to either the body (systemic/from the left side) or the lungs (pulmonary/the right side)