Flashcards in B-110 Personal Protective Equipment Use, Inspection, Maintenance and Repair Deck (8)
____ are responsible to ensure that they and their coworkers, maintain equipment and clothing that is free from contaminants and damage
PPE will be inspected, tested, repaired, cleaned and verified to be compliant and safe on an ____ basis by ____
* annual basis
* designated vendor
PPE will be picked up from and returned to ____ on a preset schedule.
To prepare PPE for cleaning members must do the following:
1. Remove all items from pockets
2. Separate the liner from the outer shell, the two pieces may be connected velcro or zippers
3. Turn the liners inside out
4. Leave all fasteners and velcro closures open
5. Retain you DRD
6. Fold the garments and place them in the bag, if a piece is contaminated place it in a red bio-hazard bag and then in the other bag
7. Include your boots, helmet, gloves, and hood for annual inspection.
Turnout gear must be ____ prior to washing in the extractor.
disassembled in the same way that is must be presented to the ISP. DRD must be removed as well.
An extractor can accommodate ____ pieces of turnout gear in a single wash.
Gloves, DRD's, harnesses, hoods, etc. can be wash in the extractor in the ____ setting