Flashcards in Airbus A320 Limitations Deck (24)
Maximum crosswind for takeoff (normal runway)
All Aircraft 35kts
Maximum tailwind for takeoff
A319, A320, and A320neo 15kt
Severe Turbulent Air Penetration Speeds
A319 and A320
Fl 200 and below: 250 kt
>Fl 200 to Fl 310: 275 kt
>Fl 310: .76 mach
Fl 200 and below: 270 kts
>Fl 200 to Fl 310: 300kts
>Fl 310: .76 Mach
Maximum speed at which gear may be extended
280 kt/.67 mach
Maximum speed for gear extension.
Maximum speed gear may be retracted
Maximum altitude landing gear may be extended
Maximum tire speed
Windshield wipers in use
Cockpit window open
Taxi speed (A320 and A321)
When taxi weight is greater than 167,550 lbs do not exceed 20kts in a turn.
Maximum altitude with slats/flaps extended
1. After takeoff with SRS.....100' AGL
2. Enroute 900'
3. RNAV VISUAL APPROACH...500' AGL
4. Non-Precision Approachs...DDA/DA
5. Non Autoland ILS with FMA Cat 1....160' AGL
6. Non-Autoland ILS with FMA Cat 2/3...80 AGL
7. Go-Around (if SRS is indicated)....100 AGL
8. Autoland ILS Approach (one or two a/p)...rollout/taxi
9. When visibility is less than 4000' rvr or 3/4 mile, the approach must be flown with autopilots engaged (if operable)
10. The use of the AP or FD in Open Des or Des mode is not permitted inside the final approach fix or below 1000' AGL on a visual approach.
11. The use of autothrust is approved with or without the AP/FD in selected or managed mode.
1. Autoland is required below CAT I minimums.
2. To minimize the chances of a go around, Frontier policy is to set and brief for an autoland if the reported RVR/visibility is at or below 1/2 mile or 2400 RVR and all of the requirements for and autoland can be met, the approach will be briefed and flown as a CAT II or CAT III autoland.
1. Minimum temperature for takeoff 19°C
2. Minimum oil quantity is 11 quarts plus .5 quart per hour of estimated flight time.
Reduced thrust takeoff
1. on slippery or contaminated runways
2. when suspected, reported, or known windshear is present
3. when a special departure procedure requires full thrust for takeoff.
Maximum altitude for APU battery start
Maximum tailwind for landing
Normal Runway Width
148 feet (45 meters)
Maximum Wind for Passenger Door Operation
Maximum Wind for Cargo Door Operations
Maximum Crosswind For Landing (normal runway)
Category C A319 and A320
Category D A321