Flashcards in 7th - Religion Chapter 2 Deck (22)
The gift from God to believe and trust when we do not understand?
Is the Word of God in the Bible?
Is the Revelation of God through beliefs handed down by the Church from the time of the apostles?
Being friends with someone?
A monogram for Jesus?
List three definitions of a friend.
1. A person whom one knows well and is fond of
2. Someone who knows everything about you and still accepts you
3. Someone who will always help you and stay with you no matter what happens
Who were some of Jesus' closest friends?
Peter, James, John, Lazarus and his sisters Martha and Mary, and Mary Magdalene
What are some of the qualities of a friend that Jesus possesses?
He is nice, loving, caring, and merciful.
How does God reveal himself?
In Scripture and Tradition
What command of Jesus will you follow if you are his friend?
To "love one another as I love you"
List five ways that Jesus was human.
1. He breathed air, ate food, laughed and got tired.
2. He knew love, sadness, disappointment and fear
3. He faced difficult decisions and had to live with the consequences of his choices
4. He learned and he suffered and died
Name three ways real friends can help each other.
1. Help each other become the best they can be
2. They support each other in choosing good and avoiding evil
3. Help each other overcome temptation and habits of sin
What is faith in Jesus based on?
Scripture and tradition
How can you remain strong in the Christian faith?
By staying in touch with Scripture, Tradition and faith-filled people.
What are special means Jesus has given us to keep in touch?
What does Jesus invite you to?
You can be at peace even when you suffer when?
With Jesus at your side
What does Jesus want to share with you, his Friend?
His glory, to spend an eternity of happiness with him, his Father and the Holy Spirit
What two things does Jesus' title Son of Man refer to?
1. His being human
2. His Second Coming
Jesus said that the greatest love a person can have for a friend is ___________________.
Lay down your life
Jesus said we are his friends if we do what he commands, namely, ________________.
Love one another as yourself