Flashcards in 13) Professional and Social Responsibility Deck (5)
What does professional and social responsibility entail?
What does "responsibility" in project management mean?
- Make decisions based on the best interests of the company and the team
- Only accept assignments you are qualified to complete
- If a project is beyond your qualifications or experience, alert the sponsor before you accept the assignment
- Do what you say you will do
- Acknowledge your errors
- Respect confidentially and protect proprietary information
- Uphold laws, including copyright laws
- Report unethical behavior
What does "respect" in project management mean?
- Maintain an attitude of mutual cooperation
- Respect cultural differences
- Don't say things that could damage another person's reputation
- Engage in good faith negotiations
- Respect others
- Be direct in dealing with conflict
- Do not use your power or position to influence others for your own benefit
What does "fairness" in project management mean?
- Act impartially
- Continuously look for and disclose conflicts of interest
- Do not discriminate
- Honor your duty of loyalty
- Do not use your position for personal or business gain